Your skin is your best accessory, take good care of it. With the fast running life and pollution all around, our skin becomes the biggest victim of all. Though it has the ability to regenerate still it is most susceptible to the harm caused by exposure to pollution and dirt and also an unhealthy lifestyle. It’s really hard to take out time as well as money to indulge in skin treatments in salons as well as shell out money in buying exorbitant cosmetics products. But we all need to understand that it’s essential to take care of our skin and invest in it because it’s our skin which represents us. So even if you’re busy as a bee and don’t have time to hit the salon and devote hours in skin treatments, here are some quick life saving hacks which can give you a glowing and flawless skin instantly.
The secret to a good and healthy skin is regular exfoliation. With time old skin cells keep piling on the skin which makes the skin look dull, rough and dry. It also results in excess of oil, clogged pores and acne on the skin. Hence regular exfoliation of skin helps in removing the dead old skin cells and gives your skin a chance to breathe and rejuvenate. An easy home remedy to exfoliate your skin is using a mixture of sugar and olive oil. Take two teaspoons of sugar and add some amount of olive oil in it. Apply this mixture on your face and rub gently in circular motion to remove all the dead skin cells.
Once done with it the pores of your skin will open and it’s time to put a hydrating mask on it. For this all you need is two spoons of curd and add few drops of honey to it. Mix it well and apply on your face and massage gently. Curd has lactic acid which also acts as an exfoliating agent and it also brightens your skin. Honey makes your skin soft and smooth. Let the mixture stay on your face for 10-15 minutes and then wash it with water and dab dry with towel. Use a vaporizer to take steam for 5 minutes so that your skin gets hydrated and you’ll be amazed to see how nice and soft your skin becomes after this.
The secret to a good and healthy skin is regular exfoliation. With time old skin cells keep piling on the skin which makes the skin look dull, rough and dry. It also results in excess of oil, clogged pores and acne on the skin. Hence regular exfoliation of skin helps in removing the dead old skin cells and gives your skin a chance to breathe and rejuvenate. An easy home remedy to exfoliate your skin is using a mixture of sugar and olive oil. Take two teaspoons of sugar and add some amount of olive oil in it. Apply this mixture on your face and rub gently in circular motion to remove all the dead skin cells. Since teenage till adulthood the biggest skin problem that each one of us faces is PIMPLES. The nasty crimson pop outs which decide to show up only when we actually have something important to do and want to look our best the day. But here’s a three step pimple removal treatment
which not only makes pimples vanish but also treats it permanently.
Step1: SUPPRESS– If you notice a pimple has popped up on your beautiful face, first you need to get an ice cube, put it in a cotton cloth or hanky and press it on your pimple. The ice acts as a pain reliever as well as it suppresses the eruption.
Step2: SPOT TREATMENT– Once the pimple is flattened then comes the task to remove the spot and for this I’m going to give you four easy options. You can choose any whichever is handy for you.
- Tea Tree Oil: Take a drop of tea tree oil and dab your pimple it with and leave it for good 20 minutes. After that take a cotton ball and remove the oil from the affected area.
- LEMON ‘N’ HONEY: Put 2-3 drops of lemon in a bowl and half a teaspoon of honey. Mix it well and apply on the pimple and leave it for 20 minutes. Later remove it with a cotton ball.
- POTATO JUICE: Grate a potato and mash it to take out its juice. Add just a pinch of cinnamon powder in the juice and mix it well. Apply it on the pimple and leave it for 20 minutes and remove after that.
- RAW PAPAYA: Grate a raw papaya and squeeze it to take out its juice. Apply the juice on the pimple and leave it for 20 minutes and remove with a clean cotton ball after that.
Step3: HEALING– The last step is to heal the pimple completely and for this you need is Aloe Vera gel and few crushed mint leaves. Add the mint leaves extract in the gel and apply it on the affected area and leave it overnight.
And that’s it. You’ll wake up the next day with pimple free skin.
Lemon is the biggest gift that God has given to mankind for skin care. It has so many uses which can work wonders to our skin. Let’s see some easy but life changing lemon hacks for our skin.
- Rub a lemon on your tanned elbows and it removes all the dead, dried skin. It also acts a natural bleach and removes darkness of your elbow.
- Add half a lemon to a bowl of warm water and add some salt to it. Dip your hands in it for 5-7 minutes. Wipe them and apply a moisturizer. This acts as a nice manicure for our hands.
- Very few people know that lemon can also be used as a face moisturizer. Add a few drops of lemon in coconut water and apply on your face. This mixture will clear, soften and brighten your skin.
- You can also fight blackheads with lemon. Take some lemon juice and add honey in it. Apply on the affected area and leave it for 15-20 minutes. Rinse it with cold water with gentle scrubbing motion.
- Lemon is a savior when it comes to removing tan from your skin. Take lemon juice; add half spoon of turmeric powder, a spoon of sandalwood powder and rose water. Make a thick smooth paste and apply on your face and leave it for 15 minutes. This will remove all the tan of your skin and regular usage will also help in minimizing acne.
Be it studying late night or having a movie marathon, all result in dark circles under our eyes which makes our face look really dull and ruins our beauty. So let me share an easy hack which can help reduces the dark circles to a large extent. All you need is two green tea bags. Put it in hot water for 5 minutes. Remove it and put it in the refrigerator and enjoy your lovely green tea. After 20 minutes take out the tea bags and squeeze them to remove excess water. Place them on your eyes. The caffeine and antioxidants in the tea will shrink the blood vessels around your eyes and reduce the puffiness and dark circles. But above all the hacks and skin remedies is a healthy diet. Eat healthy food and avoid junk and oily food to make your skin healthy and glowing. No make up or skin treatment can give you results which a healthy diet can give you. It is rightly said, you are what you eat and skin is actually the organ covering the largest surface area of our body. If our body has any kind of deficiency the result is evident on our skin first. Hence a healthy skin is a proof of a healthy body. We must take such fruits, vegetables, protein items which help in making our skin radiant and glowing.
Written by: Shaikh Uzma Jamal